Monday 18 April 2016

Design Intervention

After the whole process of researching, writing and sketching, it was now time to find a problem/opportunity area in my book shop which I could think upon innovatively and try finding a solution to. For this, it was important that I looked around the shop from the eyes of a customer, and not just a design student.

So I decided to explore the shop and I found out that the shop housed a very large variety of books. But the only issue with it was that the book shelves were very traditional and boring and also had a poor classification and categorization of books. This meant that a customer looking for a particular genre had to take the help of the staff present around to find it among the billion similar-looking book shelves.
Thus, I decided to take this up as my concept and find interesting solutions to it.

Although, my process of finding an appropriate solution is still in process, here is a glimpse of my target space to make the concept clearer for you guys.

Stacked Up Book Shelves
Photographed by- Shikha Gupta






Customers Looking For Books
Photographed by- Shikha Gupta

 


 Unorganized Categories in Kids' Section
Photographed by- Shikha Gupta


No comments:

Post a Comment