Wednesday 4 May 2016

Ideate till you live!

Hola, guys! After the super long process of working hard and wishing "oh-when-will-this-get-over", I am back with the next dish on the menu- Ideation for design solutions.


Ideation was one of the most important stair on my ladder to the final model because this was where I was going to decide what exactly am I gonna make at the end. What made it more difficult was the fact that my shop did not have sufficient space and a very huge stock of books. So I had to design something which was not only new-age and trendy, but also something which could be a space-saver and very convenient for the shopkeeper as well as the customers.

So after a lot of thinking, doodling and Pinteresting, I came up with different book shelves for each floor of my shop, depending upon the category and the stock.

For the basement, which was the Children's Section, I came up with book shelves in the form of a 'jigsaw puzzle' which were arranged in the form of a 'small hut', with a drawer at the end for storage space for extra books.


Children's Section- Basement

For the ground floor, which including General Books and the Billing Counter, I firstly redesigned the billing counter in a way that it didn't take up extra space and could accommodate new arrivals or best-sellers at its sides. After that, I designed closed booked shelves for other books so that the entry area does not look too stacked up and the people get more breathing space in the shop.



Billing Counter- Ground Floor

Book Shelves- Ground Floor


Last but not the least, for the first floor which included all the other sections like Fashion, Jewellery, History, Business, Health etc, I designed book shelves in a different shape and colour alternatively so that the customers find it easy to differentiate the various sections and the books get accommodated perfectly within them.


General Section- First Floor


Now, this leaves me with just one last step to go, ie, the final model. Hold your breaths, people. I'll be back with it pretty soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment